- Brush and floss daily – Everyone knows that we need to brush our teeth twice and floss daily, but you’d be surprised at the number of people who don’t follow this advice regularly. While brushing, don’t forget to scrape your tongue to remove any food residue stuck in its folds or taste buds. Read more about the right technique to brush your teeth.
- Snack right – While healthy foods help you avoid unwanted weight, they are also beneficial in maintaining oral hygiene. Munching on a stick of celery, carrot, or an apple cleans sticky food off your teeth. Chewing on parsley and mint leaves acts as a deodorizer. It increases the flow of saliva in your mouth, washing away bacteria that cause bad breath.
- Stay away from tobacco – Smoking and consuming other forms of tobacco can cause several problems like bad breath, stained teeth and gum disease. In smokers, the gums pulling away from the teeth and destruction of bone is especially more noticeable behind the upper front teeth and it can seriously ruin your smile.
- Stay away from coffee and soft drinks – Pigments from coffee and soft drinks can stick to your teeth and give it an unsightly appearance thus ruining your smile. If at all you have to consume it, make sure you rinse your mouth with water a little while after. Here are some foods you should avoid for the sake of your oral health.
- Try home remedies – Swishing your mouth with coconut oil first thing in the morning or eating bananas can give you whiter teeth and improve your smile. Even chewing on tulsi or holy basil leaves is a good idea. Read about more home remedies that can give you whiter teeth.
Comments are closed.